13 January 2008

"It was frickin' cold"



"It was frickin' cold" according to James this morning (well that's kind of what he said). According to weather.com, Searcy is currently at 39°F, but feels like 31°F, it was colder than that 1 1/2 hrs ago. 8 miler scheduled at a 10:13 pace, 8 miles done in 1:17:35. Sunny, cold, and windy at times. Lower legs didn't loosen up until almost 3 miles in, I'm assuming that's because of the cold. Nobody out this morning except a couple of skateboarders but then again we did try to get started earlier this morning and it's approx. 25° colder than last Sunday.

I'm not quite as sore as I expected to be this morning but when I squeeze my shoulder blades back I can definitely tell we hit that area hard yesterday. Did wake up about 4:41 a.m. sweating heavily, kind of like you do when you're sweating out a fever. Does anybody else do this after they've had a harder than usual workout?

No comments: