07 January 2008

It's definitely Monday

Another beautiful day, actually was nice enough to sleep with the truck off last night, so I slept good. Went for a run along Crescentview Road at Pulaski this morning, 60* F but overcast. This is such a pretty area, small farms here and there but there are a few sections where the owners are starting to develop, so you do get small pockets with the houses right on top of each other. Hopefully this won't continue. Today's picture is not so clear because it was taken with my camera phone but those 2 came to visit me as I ran by. I was so taken with them that I had to stop and go back for the picture. The same farm also has a small herd of goats. The first 5 or 6 were ok when I went by but then a kid spooked and the entire herd took off away from me. I'm not sure why but I think goats are so cute. Had a few dogs come out and bark at me here and there but all except one stayed in their yards (you ever see a fat dachsund doing it's best guard dog impression?). The one that didn't stay in it's yard was right at my turnaround point. I thought she was going to bite me. I love dogs and usually most of them just want you to know that hey this is my space but she came out and across the road with bared teeth and raised hackles. Her owner came out and tried to call her back while telling me that the dog wouldn't bite but just acts ferocious to strangers, but the dog refused to be called off. I told the lady I would just turn around there that way I wouldn't be disturbing her dog a second time and she apologized. I wasn't upset but I honestly think the dog would have bit me if I tried to come back through a few minutes later.

Overall, a good run--had trouble with my garmin at first so I don't have an accurate distance but I think it was around 3.75-3.8 miles, slightly longer than I'd planned but it was such a gorgeous day with beautiful scenery that I didn't want to stop. At least until the tummy trouble started again, as I wrote before, I'm REALLY ready for that to quit.

Thought I'd fried my stereo earlier. I did something boneheaded and left the lid off the bottle of coke I'd just opened. Thought it would be ok for a moment but then I hit an uneven spot in the road and there went the coke upside down onto the floor. Managed to grab it before a lot spilled but then the soda just explodes out the top of the bottle and will not quit gushing everywhere. Over half the soda ends up on my dash, floor, into the stereo, and who knows where else and there is NOWHERE for me to pull over. Yeah, I'm a little cranky right now. The good news is that the stereo started working after it dried out for 45-60 mins. The bad news is that even though I tried to mop everything up, I will be finding sticky spots for the next 2 weeks. Lesson of the day, if you drive a freightliner with the crappy cupholders that will not hold anything except a can, do not leave the cap off for even a few seconds.

Oh yeah, Terry said that since I brought the 70* temps and rain with me to TN that I promised him I would bring back when I was there last week, next week he wants the goose that lays golden eggs. I could bring him a copy of the story but would like something more imaginative, so if anybody has any suggestions please leave me a comment!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love donkeys. Call me weird...