09 January 2008

Wednesday

Watched a wild lightning storm yesterday morning before dawn along I-30 in Texas. One flash looked like it looped around and tied a knot in itself.

Yesterday was a rest day for me so I just ran/walked with James on his couch to 5k program, week 4-day 1. He did excellent but chose a hilly place to run so he was winding down by the end, didn't quite get all of the last 5 min. jog in. Considering we were going uphill into a headwind, I'm very impressed that he got as far as he did on the last interval. I told him last night that a good b-day present for me would be to run a 5k together but he reminded me (quite quickly!) that I'd already asked for a new pair shoes. He also took off a little fast in the beginning so that played a factor in the last segment.

No comments: