11 January 2008

Easy run?

I need to get a tiny cheap digital camera to carry with me on my runs. My phone just isn't getting the detail that I want. Today's run was supposed to be an easy 4 miler but I decided to tackle a hill off of Holmes Rd that the local mountain bikers call Hitler Hill because of the angle. It has also been called Cardiac Ridge by some of the older bicyclists. This is an approx. 1 1/2 mile run from my house. Made it just over half way up before taking a walk break for a few feet then running (slowly) the rest of the way. Stopped at the top to take this picture then finished my run for the day. Ended up with 4.23 miles in 39:49. Cooler, sunny day, perfect for a midday run.

I bought a pair of Asics Gel 1120's that were marked down to 39.99 at Hibbett's this morning. These will do for keeping with me on the truck so I'm not having to tote my shoes back and forth. Getting time to replace my gt2120's but I think I will go and check out the 2130's before making a final decision.

Was hoping to ride the bicycles on the 12 mile fun run but the temp. looks like it's going to be 38 F. I'm such a wimp when it comes to cold weather and the bicycle.

Got the gray roots covered this morning and 2 inches chopped off--it was mid Sept. last time I had anything done, yikes! The stylist was lecturing me about waiting so long but it's only hair. If I want to go around with skanky roots that's my business, I don't lecture her about smoking. She was also kind of being all "well if you want that much taken off I guess I'll do it, it'll grow back eventually". Grrrr!

No comments: