28 February 2009

Rainy Friday

Ok, it's only been a week since I started taking a multi-vitamin and Osteo-biflex (spelling?) but I swear I think I feel better already. It probably doesn't hurt that I've started cleaning up my diet again (no more angry whoppers Brenda!). Woke up this morning around 0530 and felt GOOD, it's been a while since that has happened and I even had a tough workout yesterday. The only twinges I'm feeling right now are my toes from the very wet race last Saturday--tips are still tender, owie.

What is it about Fridays that brings out the worst in everybody's driving behaviour? Combine a Friday with rain and hoo-boy, watch out!!!!!! I had several motorists that would be merging--oops, wait a minute, I don't think you can call it merging if they get to the end of the ramp and slam on their brakes. I won't share the colorful language I was using for a large part of the day, LOL. Just imagine being in a very large vehicle with a top speed of 64.5 mph, traffic on your left, on wet roads with a very light load (~4000 lbs) and having to brake hard because the car in front of you that was traveling at a speed greater than 65 mph decides that the tractor-trailer distance between you is not enough room for them to merge in even though they are already half in the lane with you. Or better yet, pretend you're in the middle lane on I-440 and you have a pickup merge in from the right all the way to said center lane doing 10 mph less than the surrounding traffic. Yeah, I had a fun drive today ;-).

No comments: