26 February 2009

Tempo run accomplished

I finally found a flat and safe place to run in Laredo--the perimeter of Mall del Norte. Boring as hell but like I said it's flat and there are other people about exercising. There are actually runners in Laredo! I was seriously wondering if everybody there just did the treadmill thing because you rarely saw anybody out.

I finally managed to get a decent tempo run in this morning, I was having my doubts about ever being able to get one done at any mileage over 3. It was overcast this morning but HUMID--I was completely soaked before I was 1/2 through. Felt great once I was done, a huge sense of accomplishment for sticking it out (considered quitting a couple of times, lol!).

Didn't get dispatched until after lunch even though there were Mt. Juliet loads on the yard last night. Oh well, gave me time to recover from this morning. I'm currently waiting south of San Antonio so I can say hi to James in person before heading on north and it will give the I35 rush-hour traffic time to calm down. Hopefully James will get dispatched tonight and be headed back north too. Not going to wait for him because I need to get up to Bald Knob before all the parking spots are filled, I'll just drive the pickup back down to NLR to get him (his truck needs servicing).

Oh man, a Carter Express o/o just backed in on my passenger side but instead of parking normally he has taken up 2.5 spots, some of these guys are just rude.

It's absolutely beautiful right now, near 90 F, and sunshiny. Yeah I know it sucks for exercising but for just walking around it's fantastic.

No comments: