28 February 2009

Trial run
















This morning the Cruisers invaded Little Rock to run the 1/2 marathon route (a couple did the 5k, others ran slightly shorter, and a few ran longer). Great turnout, I think Ms. Vicki emailed that we had 24 runners and 3 cyclists. James agreed to ride along to help make sure everybody was ok and I think he had a pretty good time himself even if it was COLD. Starting temp was 39F with a windchill of 31 and it went downhill from that point. Little bit of light rain, occasional sleet, and just a tad bit of snowflakes but it was fun anyway! How can it not be with this group of people?!




Vicki (a different Vicki) started having stomach problems so I fell back with her and we made a pitstop at a firestation (woo-hoo cute firemen!). They were more than happy to let us utilize the facilites (a very clean unisex bathroom, I was impressed) and even wanted to chat for a moment afterwards about the upcoming marathon. The three we spoke to are also going to run the 1/2. Fortunately my tummy decided to behave today.




I only had 12 miles scheduled, ended up with 12.89 running and 2.41 walking with Vicki back to the Clinton Library. Her walk is faster than some people run so it definitely counts as aerobic (she's a fast runner too, her time last year in the LR 1/2 was 2:03 WITH porta-potty stops!).




Finished up the morning with brunch at Boulevard Bread--I had mexican soup and James had the greek sampler, delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and I got to browse through the library's used book-store across the road, fantastic people over there. If it had been warmer and if I could have had a trip to Sephora this would have qualified as a near perfect day. Well, throw in a chocolate croissant and a motorcycle ride (but only if it was 80F) while I'm talking dream days, LOL.




I don't think she reads my blog but if you do "HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANE!"






February recap


Run: 124.3 miles


Cycling: 49.2


2 comments:

Arland said...

It was a good run. What a way to tour downtown Little Rock! Thank James again for riding and watching out for everyone.

Susan said...

I looooove the Greek Sampler there! Dang - now I am homesick.