01 August 2008

Lack of communication

I'm very, very, very upset with James and my mother-in-law today. Actually it would be more accurate to say I was downright pissed this morning. James' mom is 84 years old and her sense of balance has pretty much left the building. Well, she fell again last night but did anybody call me to let me know. NO! She called some neighbors once she made it to the phone to come help her up, then called James (who was 400 miles away), then called a friend of hers who came over to check on her and decided they needed to go to the ER. Again, I'm right there in town but nobody thought to let me know. As a matter of fact it wasn't until 9:15 this morning when I call James to tell him I was going for a training ride when he finally decides to tell me. His excuse--"Well, you were tired and pmsing so I thought you needed to sleep." Grrrr!!!!!!!!!! His mom is okay except for a skin tear but she always gets very disoriented after anything like this happens, more forgetful and anxious for about a week afterwards. We need to look into getting her some kind of med-alert for this type of situation but at the same time I don't know if she would bother using it. She's supposed to carry her cellphone with her whenever she leaves the apartment but she doesn't half the time. His mom is not to the point where she needs 24 hour care but we're going to have to come up with something.

No comments: